If you have been contacted by Child Protective Services (CPS), contact our firm right away.
We frequently get calls from families who are under investigation by CPS, and who have already signed documents allowing CPS to place the children with someone else, requiring a lot of services, or otherwise imposing on the family's liberties. Before you agree to sign any documents or agree to perform any services, call Peter M. Lopez immediately to discuss your rights and obligations.
Peter has helped numerous parents get their children out of CPS placement and home where they belong. For over 15 years, he has fought for parents' right and to keep families united.
Once you are involved with CPS and in "the system," cases can take up to a year, possibly 18 months before they are resolved. CPS is under-staffed and under-funded, and, yes, CPS workers are generally trying to do what they believe is best for the child. But if what you think is best for your child is not what CPS thinks is best for your child, our firm can help.
An experienced attorney, like Peter, can help save you a year or more of meetings, court hearings, services, and frustration. Peter may be able to keep your case out of the court system altogether if you contact him early enough.
Dealing with CPS can be a minefield. Let our firm go to battle with you. Call us today.
CPS & FAMILY SERVICES
- Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) - Information about health-care coverage, Medicaid, CHIP, SNAP, TANF, other assistance, and health and wellness initiative.
- Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (TDFPS) - Learn more about becoming a foster parent, adoption, child care licensing, volunteer information, and all the hotlines.
- Child Protective Services (CPS) - Find out more about CPS investigations, what happens when children are in CPS care, and get answers to FAQs.
- Adult Protective Services (APS) - Learn about APS investigations, the signs of abuse, and how you can help.
- Texas Department of State Health Services - Birth records, death certificates, marriage and divorce records, adoption records, and other health services.
- Child Care Licensing - Regulation and licensing for day care and child care providers and child placement agencies.
- HelpandHope.org - The CPS child abuse prevention website. Learn to recognize child abuse, finding help, and parenting tips.
- A Parent's Guide to CPS Investigations - Provides an overview of the CPS investigation process, information about your rights as a parent, and much more in English and Spanish.
- Programs in Your Area - See what programs and services are available in your area.
- Foster Care - CPS information for foster parents and about becoming foster parents.
- Texas Adoption Resource Exchange (TARE) - Foster parenting and adoption information.
- Hotlines - Report abuse and neglect, runaways, and other issues.