In addition to his family law and criminal defense practice, Peter M. Lopez is a certified mediator.
Mediation is a form of alternative dispute resolution (ADR) where settlement of disputes is attempted out of court. An impartial, or neutral, third party (the mediator) assists parties to a dispute with resolving differences through mediation. Mediation is an efficient and cost-effective alternative to a trial, and mediation is often court ordered prior to trial.
In January of 2015, Peter completed 40 hours of training as required by the Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code §154.052 to serve as a mediator. In March of 2016, Peter completed 27.25 hours of family law mediation training to be certified as a family law mediator.
His mediation training, years in the courtroom trying cases, and experience around the conference table as an advocate in mediation make Peter particularly qualified to mediate almost any dispute.
If you would like to learn more about mediation or have Peter assist with your dispute, contact our firm.
- Mediation of family law, civil, personal injury, and other disputes.
- Reasonable day, half-day, and hourly mediation rates.
- No travel charge in Nolan and surrounding counties.
- Reasonable travel rates outside of Nolan and surrounding counties.
- Post-mediation follow up if settlement is not reached at no additional charge.
- Court-ordered mediation services.
- Legal representation of litigants or parties to mediation.