In January, 2015, Peter M. Lopez completed the 40+ hour training required by the Texas Civil Practice & Remedies Code §154.052 to become certified as an impartial third party (neutral) to mediate cases.
Mediation is a form of alternative dispute resolution (ADR) where the settlement of cases and disputes is attempted out of court and prior to trial. Alternative forms of dispute resolution, such as mediation, are effective and efficient methods of resolving disputes. Mediation is also a cost-effective alternative to a trial.
In mediation, a neutral third party meets with the parties to a dispute in an effort to reach a resolution through negotiation. The mediation process is much less formal than a court proceeding, and the parties have much more control over the outcome of the case than if a judge or jury is required to resolve the dispute. The mediator and the parties can also be much more creative in formulating settlement agreements than a judge or jury, who are limited by law in what determinations they can make.
Mediation is not appropriate for every case, but many cases can be resolved more efficiently and cost-effectively through mediation. Our firm now proudly offers these mediation services:
- Mediation of family law, civil, personal injury, and other disputes.
- Reasonable day, half-day, and hourly mediation rates.
- No travel charge in Nolan and surrounding counties.
- Reasonable travel rates outside of Nolan and surrounding counties.
- Post-mediation follow up if settlement is not reached at no additional charge.
- Court-ordered mediation services.
- Legal representation of litigants or parties to mediation.
If you are looking for a mediator for your dispute, or if you need an attorney to represent you in your case, call our firm today.