20 Questions: Arrested for DWI in Texas is the first book in the 20 Questions series by Peter M. Lopez. It is currently available to read in ebook form below and for download as a pdf. A paperback version is scheduled to be released this summer.
Each question answered in 20 Questions: Arrested for DWI in Texas is also answered individually for your convenience here on our website if you are searching for answers to specific questions.
As you read, you may discover you have other questions. If so, links to the answers to the other nineteen questions in the book are provided below.
This is the 12th question answered in the book.
12. Will my employer find out I got a DWI?
Possibly. No employee of our firm will disclose any information about your case without your permission. However, there are many other ways your employer could learn of your DWI. The most obvious is the police blotter printed in the newspaper. If the local newspaper prints arrest logs, there is no way to prevent your arrest from being made public.
Additionally, if you are required to operate a motor vehicle for your job, you may be required to notify your employer of an order requiring an interlock device on your personal and possibly your company vehicle. If your employer insures you for the operation of a motor vehicle, there is a good possibility your employer’s insurance carrier will also find out.
If you have other questions about a DWI arrest in Texas, here are the answers to the other nineteen most frequently questions when arrested for driving while intoxicated:
- 1. What will happen if I am convicted of driving while intoxicated (DWI) in Texas?
- 2. What does “intoxicated” mean in Texas?
- 3. What if this is not my first DWI?
- 4. Can the police officer take my license?
- 5. Will my driver license be suspended?
- 6. Can I get my driver license back?
- 7. How long will my license be suspended?
- 8. How can my license be suspended for refusal when I asked for a blood test?
- 9. How do I get an occupational license?
- 10. When can I get an occupational license?
- 11. Can I get deferred adjudication to keep a DWI off my record?
- 12. Will my employer find out I got a DWI?
- 13. Can I get the DWI off my record?
- 14. Will I have to appear in Court?
- 15. What if I have to work on the day of my court hearing?
- 16. What if I missed my first court hearing?
- 17. If I wasn’t read my rights, will my case get dismissed?
- 18. I do not live in Texas, so will my license still be suspended?
- 19. I got a DWI in another state, so will my Texas license be suspended?
- 20. What is the difference between DWI and DUI in Texas?