20 Questions: Arrested for DWI in Texas is the first book in the 20 Questions series by Peter M. Lopez. It is currently available to read in ebook form below and for download as a pdf. A paperback version is scheduled to be released this summer.
Each question answered in 20 Questions: Arrested for DWI in Texas is also answered individually for your convenience here on our website if you are searching for answers to specific questions.
As you read, you may discover you have other questions. If so, links to the answers to the other nineteen questions in the book are provided below.
This is the 6th question answered in the book.
6. Can I get my driver license back?
Yes. The tricky part is determining when and how. If you dispute the license suspension and win, DPS will return your license promptly. If your license was suspended either by a judge or because you did not contest the suspension within the time frame, you will get your license back after the expiration of the suspension period if you have paid the reinstatement fee.
If you want your license returned as soon as possible, pay your reinstatement fee as early as possible. It could take up to 30 days for your reinstatement fee to be processed, and you will not get your license back until after the fee is processed. You should also know that DPS will mail everything to the address on your driver license, and, if DPS mails anything to the address on your license, you are presumed to have received it. If you move, you need to have your mail forwarded.
If you have other questions about a DWI arrest in Texas, here are the answers to the other nineteen most frequently questions when arrested for driving while intoxicated:
- 1. What will happen if I am convicted of driving while intoxicated (DWI) in Texas?
- 2. What does “intoxicated” mean in Texas?
- 3. What if this is not my first DWI?
- 4. Can the police officer take my license?
- 5. Will my driver license be suspended?
- 6. Can I get my driver license back?
- 7. How long will my license be suspended?
- 8. How can my license be suspended for refusal when I asked for a blood test?
- 9. How do I get an occupational license?
- 10. When can I get an occupational license?
- 11. Can I get deferred adjudication to keep a DWI off my record?
- 12. Will my employer find out I got a DWI?
- 13. Can I get the DWI off my record?
- 14. Will I have to appear in Court?
- 15. What if I have to work on the day of my court hearing?
- 16. What if I missed my first court hearing?
- 17. If I wasn’t read my rights, will my case get dismissed?
- 18. I do not live in Texas, so will my license still be suspended?
- 19. I got a DWI in another state, so will my Texas license be suspended?
- 20. What is the difference between DWI and DUI in Texas?