If you are convicted, receive probation, or are placed on deferred adjudication for a sex offense, you could be required to register as a sex offender for the rest of your life. And if your registration requirement is shorter, the stigma remains.
It takes an experienced criminal defense lawyer to navigate through all of the different possible outcomes, offenses and lesser offenses, ranges of punishment, and registration requirements. Peter M. Lopez has defended clients charged with sex crimes for over 15 years. Peter has won dismissals, not guilty verdicts, and has successfully negotiated pleas not requiring registration.
If you have been accused of a sex crime or failing to register as a sex offender, call our firm now.
SEX OFFENDER REGISTRATION
- Texas Sex Offender Registration Program - Learn about the sex offender registration program, registration requirements, and get answers to FAQs.
- Texas Sex Offender Registry - Search the registry for sex offenders and offender information in the State of Texas.
- National Sex Offender Public Website (NSOPW) - The United State's Department of Justice (DOJ) official sex offender registry. Search sex offender information nationally.
- Citizen's Guide to U.S. Federal Law on Sex Offender Registration - Requirements for registration and consequences for failing to register.
- FBI's Sex Offender Registry Websites - Compilation of the registries of the states, territories, and tribes of the United States.